Sunday, August 14, 2016

Suicide Squad

I saw Suicide Squad last night. Wesley Lovell of Cinema Sight says it best, "it succeeds more than it fails. It's certainly entertaining and Smith is better than he has been in years with Robbie a star in the making..." For me, Margot Robbie really steals the show. Her version of Harley Quinn is pretty spot on. She also has great comedic timing. Where it fails is in the terrible choice of villain and some of the dialogue is really corny. I also have some mixed feelings of the Joker. I really like Jared Letto as an actor but I was a little confused on where he going with his character. He said he was influenced by David Bowie's Goblin King from Labyrinth but I didn't really see that. I can't imagine it's easy to follow in Heath Ledger's footsteps or even Jack Nicholson's but this Joker is really outside of the box. Maybe it's just something that will have to grow on me when I see his character again in Justice League. What all of that being said, if you can look past the faults, I say give this one a shot.


No comments:

Post a Comment