Thursday, March 23, 2017

Allied


 It’s hard for me to finish movies, during the week, after work. I tend to fall asleep on them and it takes a few cracks before I can watch it all the way through. Allied was not one of those movies. 

This is the story of two Allied spies, French-Canadian Max Vatan; played by Brad Pitt, and French Marianne Beausejour; played by Marion Cotillard. They are paired together for a mission during WWII, they fall in love and get married. Later, it comes to the attention of Max that Marianne might be a Nazi double agent, so he takes it upon himself to see if it’s true. 

All the way up until the end you aren’t really sure what's going to happen next or if the accusations against Marianne are true or not. The level of suspense kept me engaged throughout and the acting from Marion Cotillard was pretty great. I wouldn’t buy this movie but it’s a pretty good one to check out once.

No comments:

Post a Comment