Saturday, December 26, 2020

The Knight Before Christmas

 

The Knight Before Christmas is a 2019 romantic comedy starring Vanessa Hudgens, Josh Whitehouse and Entourage’s Emmanuelle Chriqui. When Brooke, a school teacher, who is disheartened after a recent breakup, bumps into an English medieval knight, whom was magically transported to present-day Ohio, they grow an unexpected relationship. 

Vanessa Hudgens has played this likeable character of Brooke before. Someone down on her luck in love. I would have liked to see a little bit more diversity from her in terms of character selection but with that being said, she was still enjoyable to watch. Her costumes were also beautiful and festive.
Josh Whitehouse was an unknown actor to me. I liked his full on commitment as Sir Cole, the 13th century knight, plopped in present day USA, in search for his destiny.
Emmanuelle Chriqui brought a different range to Brooke’s sister, Madison, than I had seen in her Entourage role. She brought a kindness, giving and motherly presence to the role.

The themes about giving back and finding love in the most unlikely of places were great. The script had a couple of funny parts but overall it was awkward and corny and the plot was not realistic at all. This is the first time I realized how Netflix is trying to connect its Christmas movies together with references to other movies within its Holiday Universe. Even though this one wasn’t my favorite of the Netflix Holiday Universe (NHU), I think that the idea is fun; it reminds me of a lower quality Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) but I’m here for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment