Sunday, July 14, 2019

Spider-Man: Far from Home


Spider-Man: Far from Home is the sequel to Spider-Man: Homecoming. It picks up right after Avengers: Endgame. In this film Peter Parker is still reeling from the death of his friend and mentor. All he wants to do is check out and enjoy his international summer school trip but Nick Fury has other plans for him. Peter then has to come to terms with either stepping up as a leader and an Avenger or falling back, putting the world at risk.

In this Marvel film I had more enjoyment of the script and cast dynamics than I did with the actual action sequences. Quite a few people came back from the original group of actors, which I enjoyed. The new additions also did a great job playing off of one another. I am really enjoying seeing Zendaya on screen as MJ. She was once again a great co-star to Tom Holland’s Peter Parker. She has such spot on, dead pan sarcasm. Someone who is direct and straight forward on what she says. I also liked her seemingly disinterested yet still very interested personality. The script was very age appropriate for the cast, which I appreciated. I don’t like it when writers create a script for high school characters but the conversations that are so full of depth that you know it’s not what high school kids would be saying. Additionally, the plot moved well, there was never a dull moment. I also found the twists within the story to be unpredictable and interesting.

Within this great film there were only a couple of things I wasn’t fully on board with, the villain was one. I thought he was a bit corny and not as threatening or believable as a Thanos, per se. Also, the action sequences were well choreographed and visually appealing but not as heart pounding or engaging as previous Marvel movies.

With all of that being said, I still really liked this movie. I thought that it was an enjoyable ride, full of funny moments, great acting and plenty of heart. I would definitely recommend checking this out in theatres.

No comments:

Post a Comment