Monday, September 16, 2019

Little


Little is a comedy; it the story of a controlling and belittling boss who is cursed to be her teenage self. 

I thought that the movie’s themes of treating people right and being yourself even when it’s not perceived as cool were great messages to send to viewers. Overall the movie was fun and easy to follow. The plot was similar to a Freaky Friday scenario with the majority of the script being predictable but there were a couple of twists toward the end that were not foreseen.

I enjoyed the all-female led, diverse cast with a female director. I was impressed with the young actor from Black-ish, Marsai Martin, who not only starred in this film but also was one of the youngest to ever produce a film. Sometimes she overacted the scene, but the majority of her onscreen time was great. Additionally, I liked Regina Hall. She was however her normal self. She didn’t give me a lot of range. This was a safe role for her. I also liked seeing Issa Rae in this film. I think she was typecast but I still found her to be the heart and comedic genius of this movie.

This film was cute and sometimes quite funny. I would not say that it is something worth seeing in theatres but definitely worth supporting from home.

No comments:

Post a Comment