Friday, November 22, 2019

Falling Inn Love


Falling Inn Love is a romantic comedy that tells the story of city girl Gabriela played by Christina Milian. After losing her job and breaking up with her boyfriend she spontaneously enters a contest and wins a rustic New Zealand inn. When she arrives it is not as it seems so she must team up with a young, handsome contractor to fix and flip it. 

Visually the sets were stunning, vast and rustic. I thought that the themes surrounding community, taking a risk, and following your dreams were great. Additionally, the story was cute, easy to follow, and light hearted.

There were quite a few things I didn’t like though. I thought that the soundtrack was not well thought out, the acting was terrible, especially that from Milian. I don’t really remember seeing her in anything else lately so maybe she was a bit rusty, but to me her entire performance wasn’t authentic. I also didn’t really believe the connection she was supposed to have with her love interest, Jake, played by Adam Demos. Their interactions seemed forced and once they got together it felt rushed. I also could have used a lot more character development for the entire cast.

In the end, this movie wasn’t one that I would watch again. It lacked a lot of the depth and connection that I wanted to see. This is easily one that can be skipped.

No comments:

Post a Comment