Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Point Blank


Point Blank is a Netflix produced action drama starring Anthony Mackie and Frank Grillo. In the story Paul, a nurse played by Mackie, is unwillingly dragged into a war between corrupt cops and criminals when he is assigned to an unknown man, played by Grillo, in his hospital. 

The plot was pretty typical and predictable for this genera. The level of suspense that these movies usually have wasn’t really there for me but it was still engaging. The writers did a decent job on character development for the main two leads but they should have elaborated more for the rest of the cast.

As far as the acting was concerned, I though the entire cast did well. Grillo and Mackie interacted well together. I have seen Grillo in other things but he always had a smaller role so it was nice to see him take the lead and carry this movie with Mackie. Of all of the actors though the big surprise to me was seeing Marcia Gay Harden, who played Lt. Lewis. I have been a fan of hers since I saw her in the made for TV gem called She’s Too Young back in 2004, so it was refreshing to see her in something completely different where she took the reigns and was a power player.

In the end, I’m glad that this movie went straight to Netflix. I feel like it was made more for the small screen, since it lacked that big screen budget feel. Even though this is not one that I will probably watch again, I thought it was still enjoyable to catch one time at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment