Saturday, February 6, 2021

Like a Boss

Like a Boss is the story of best friends and cosmetic entrepreneurs, Mia and Mel, who are offered the deal of a lifetime by a beauty mogul only to discover that she will do anything to break up their friendship and steal their brand.

The plot was predicable but still enjoyable and the script was funny. I liked the themes around friendship, womanhood and promoting the beauty within.

I really appreciated the diversity of the cast. Tiffany Haddish and Rose Byrne did a wonderful job leading the group and had great chemistry together. At this point they both have been typecast but I still enjoyed their performances. I thought Salma Hayek looked beautiful and was able to successfully pull of being the villain. I hadn’t seen Jennifer Coolidge in a while and I’ve not seen Billy Porter in many roles so I enjoyed the extra comedy and flare they provided in their supporting roles.

The character development was pretty one dimensional. I would have liked them to dig a little deeper on the entire cast but overall you could still connect to the protagonists.

If you are looking for an easy to watch, heartwarming and witty comedy, this one is for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment