Sunday, June 6, 2021

Legend

 

Legend is a 2015 British crime drama starring Tom Hardy, Emily Browning and Taron Egerton. It is a biography loosely based on the lives on infamous gangers Ronald and Reginald Kray during their rule of the London crime scene in the 1950s and 60s.


Tom Hardy is a fantastic actor and you really could tell the difference between the two characters he played with all of the subtleties in his demeanor. He brought a wide range of emotions and did a great job leading this cast. How he was able to toggle from being a manic schizophrenic to a calm and collected yet still very deadly ring leader was quite impressive. I haven’t seen Emily Browning in many things but I liked the innocence that she brought to the role. She and Hardy had great chemistry together. As for Taron Egerton, I have seen him in a few things, I feel like his performances are hit and miss at times but this one was a hit. He was unrecognizable to me.

The script had touches of comedy in it and I liked the narration idea. I thought that the plot was interesting however I struggled fully committing to this story, so it took me a few days to get through it. There were also some creative liberties taken for entertainment purposes, so the storytelling was not completely accurate either.

Overall the movie was okay. It isn’t one that I would watch again but it was worth seeing Hardy’s performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment