Friday, October 15, 2021

Michelle Wolf: Joke Show

 

Michelle Wolf: Joke Show is comedian, Michelle Wolf's 2019 stand up special from New York.

She tackles a lot of topics from feminism to cancel culture. I liked her self-deprecating humor. She was edgy and stood firm in her convictions, which I appreciated. 

She joked about how her voice wasn’t the most pleasant, even a bit shirking at times. That unfortunately became more evident the longer the special went on. I thought that some of her jokes were played out, especially the man bashing, and some of them dragged on for too long. 

In looking for a quick laugh on a Friday night, I was able to get some of that, with the couple of funny bits in this standup. It was however mostly a lackluster performance, so therefore I'd have to say this standup is not one I'd watch again or recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment