Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Encanto

 

Encanto is the story of Mirabel, a young girl surrounded by a magical family. When the magic starts to fade she must try to find the key to unlock the door to their salvation.


The beautiful, bright cinematography and costume colors were a great compliment to the fun, festive soundtrack with catchy tunes.

I found the plot to be engaging and family friendly. It was a great coming of age story about discovery and growth. There were strong themes around embracing your gifts, not taking people for granted and appreciating them for all of their contributions, big or small. I also liked seeing the unbreakable bonds of family and how love can conquer all.

I enjoyed the diverse representation of Afro-Latinos. I also appreciated the intermixing of the Spanish language to make the film more realistic.

There was descent character development and I really felt like anyone watching this movie will be able to see themselves in someone.

I really enjoyed Encanto. It was a beautifully told, heartfelt, tearjerker that is a must watch for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment