Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Mr. Harrigan's Phone

 

Mr. Harrigan's Phone is a supernatural mystery based off of the short story of the same name by Stephen King. Starring Donald Sutherland as Mr. Harrigan. The plot follows Craig, a teen who befriends the retired, very rich and unpleasant Mr. Harrigan. A friendship brews during their time together with Craig ushering the elder into the 21st century with a new cell phone. Unexpectedly Mr. Harrigan dies and Craig, rather distraught, puts his friends smart phone in his pocket before burial. What happens next is unexpected and puts Craig in a tailspin.

Although it was an interesting concept, I should have known based off of the preview just how terrible this movie would be. I wanted to give it a chance because Donald Sutherland is a really great actor but even he couldn’t save this film. The storytelling was lazy, it didn’t make any sense and there were plot holes galore.

I appreciated the diversity in the casting but that is the only compliment I can give. Some of the cast were way too old for the roles they were playing and there was not one character that I could connect to.

I’m actually surprised I finished this film. I kept hoping it would get better but even the ending was a disappointment. I would definitely recommend skipping this waste of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment