Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Bullet Train

Bullet Train is an action comedy that follows assassins as they board a train not knowing they all have a similar mission and story in common.

The plot for this movie didn’t really excite me when I watched the previews. It wasn’t quite clear what the intent was. So I was pleasantly surprised that the film kept my attention throughout. There were a lot of moving parts but the writers did a good job connecting everything in the end. It kept me on my toes with the good twists throughout.

The action sequences were creative but the stunts were unrealistic at times.

Regarding casting, Brad Pitt was entertaining as always; he did well leading this ensemble cast. Joey King was an unexpected but a surprisingly enjoyable addition. I'm more used to her in coming of age romantic dramas so it was nice to see her stretch a bit outside of that genera. I've seen Brian Tyree Henry in a couple of dramas but this was the first time I really saw him. He was one of the more interesting characters and even brought some of the comedy to the film. I was also quite impressed with his English accent. Overall, I appreciated the diverse casting but there lacked some necessary character development for me to fully care about any of the characters.

In the end the movie was okay. It wouldn’t have been one I would have wanted to see in theatres but it was okay to watch on a plane ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment