Friday, February 10, 2017

Fifty Shades Darker

I made the big mistake of seeing Fifty Shades Darker on opening night. These films have a Twilight vibe to them, the poor acting mixed with the unnecessary female fan pandemonium. Once I got passed all of the women clapping and girlishly swooning over a fake character, I was able to enjoy to movie a little.
If you liked the book you'll appreciate the fact that the movie stuck pretty close to it. There were parts that felt a bit choppy and incomplete. It felt like they were trying to put in all the highlights of the book without giving it a proper background. The lack of context makes it super confusing for someone who might not have read these books. Also, I never thought Jamie Dornan was the best pick for the lead, I would have much rather seen Ian Somerhalder or Ryan Gosling take on the role, but I digress. My big issue with Jamie's portrayal of Christian Grey was the fact that he struggled keeping an American accent throughout the films. His Irish accent kept creeping through, which was quite disappointing. Overall the acting wasn't the best but I do feel it was an improvement from the first one and the plot was still engaging enough to want to sit through the accent and the acting.
If you choose to see this one, be sure stick around until after the credits to see the preview for Fifty Shades Freed & don't bring your kids, I saw 3 kids under the age of 10 and was a bit horrified by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment