Thursday, May 4, 2017

Underworld: Blood Wars

Underworld: Blood Wars is the 5th installment of the Underworld franchise, basically the Fast & the Furious of the vampire genre. I went into this movie knowing it wasn’t going to be as good as the predecessors but still excited because I am a fan of the franchise. What I ended up taking from this movie was that I found it to be predictably entertaining, with high action and a good amount of CGI fight scenes that I was surprising okay with. 

Obviously not a lot of thought was required for this one. I was also disappointed that Scott Speedman didn’t make an appearance in the film and that they left it open for a 6th movie. I was really hoping that they would just wrap this one up with a pretty bow and give us some closure but alas, similar to the Fast & Furious franchise, they just keep coming. 

I’d say that if you liked any of the other movies in this franchise you’ll be okay with this one but will probably feel similar points of pain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment