Saturday, July 1, 2017

Cinderella (2015)

The Cinderella story was one of my favorites as a kid. I’ve seen many different versions of this rags to riches tale over the years. 
I found this movie to be cute and entertaining. The acting from Cate Blanchett was the best part of this movie. She portrayed a really great evil stepmother. Also, the visual beauty and bold colors of this version were pleasing. It reminded me a lot of Mirror Mirror (2012), which was the live-action a take on the Snow White story. 
What was lacking, however, was the script, which was a bit weak and acting from the rest of the cast could have used some improvement. This is definitely no Ever After (1998), which, in my opinion, is still the best on screen, live-action version of Cinderella.

No comments:

Post a Comment