Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Dunkirk

I was a little weary about seeing Dunkirk because of its PG-13 rating, I thought it might not be as intense or perhaps be lacking something that some of its R-rated WWII predecessors had, but after seeing this film, I am happy to say that I was wrong in that thought.
The only issue that I had with the film is that at times it would cut back in forth from past to present and it was sometimes hard to follow. Where this film lacked in gore and intense on the ground combat scenes, it more than made up for in the individual character development and on-edge anxiety of when the next hit from the Germans would come.
There was no one star in this film, it was the story of many men and women; civilians, fighter pilots, navel men, army, and what they had to sacrifice to survive one of the most lopsided battles of WWII.
It was amazing to see on film how so many people banded together to help get 400,000 men off of the beaches of Dunkirk and back home.

I would definitely recommend checking out this powerfully told and movingly acted WWII drama.

No comments:

Post a Comment