Sunday, January 14, 2018

Atomic Blonde

Atomic Blonde is a spy action-thriller based in Berlin during the late 80s. In this story, MI6 agent, Lorraine Broughton, played by Charlize Theron, is sent to Berlin to retrieve a list of secret agent names that fell into the wrong hands.

I thought that the plot was interesting and kept me interested the entire movie. I especially enjoyed the twist toward the end that was unforeseen. The movie had some great action sequences that were high energy and kept you on the edge of your seat. Also, the little details, the artistry, were perfect to the era. I loved the soundtrack and the costume design, especially for Charlize’s character, Lorraine.

I thought that Charlize did a fantastic job in this movie. She portrayed a really great and complex British spy with a believable accent. The fight sequences she did were full of athleticism, gritty and realistic. I thought that she really held her own throughout the entire film.

Even though there were quite a few running plot lines, with a number of key characters, I felt like they did a good job of tying it all up in the end. So, all in all, I thought that this was a really great action film. Just know the director, David Leitch, is the same guy who helped direct John Wick, so you will similarities in the overall theme and choreography of the rather bloody fight scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment