Tuesday, February 27, 2018

American Made

American Made is based on the true story of Barry Seal, a pilot in the late 1970s who is recruited by the CIA to smuggle drugs and guns to foreign countries.

I had no idea this was based on a true story. I thought that the cinematography was well done. The movie kept me mostly engaged and had some entertaining twists and turns with a touch of comedy.

I thought that the plot was interesting yet frustrating. I would get annoyed with Barry Seal and some of the actions he was taking throughout his life because they weren’t well thought out, especially toward the end of the movie.

The acting was just okay; however no one truly stood out. One thing that I found quite distracting was that I couldn’t tell if Tom Cruise was trying use an accent or not. It was something that faded in and out and became more prevalent toward the end of the film and by then it was all I could hear.

Overall the movie was good but wasn't a movie that I would seek out to see again. It is however worth checking out once

No comments:

Post a Comment