Sunday, February 11, 2018

Blade Runner 2049

Blade Runner 2049 is the sequel to the original Blade Runner that came out in 1982. 2049 is about a new LAPD Blade Runner, K, played by Ryan Gosling. K’s mission is to eliminate all of the old replicants. While on a mission he stumbles upon a secret that leads him to looking for an old Blade Runner, Rick Deckard, played by Harrison Ford, who had been missing for the last 30 years.

I don’t remember much from the original movie but I felt like it would have been good to re-watch it before watching this one. I thought that the movie was slow moving and the story didn’t really bring me in. Overall I didn’t care much for the characters that were presented and thought that the character development was lacking. Additionally, I would have liked to have learned more about Dave Bautista‘s character, Sapper Morton, who only made a brief appearance.

The only thing I did like was the visual depiction of a futuristic world. The cinematography, however, couldn’t save this movie for me. I would say that 2049 could easily be skipped, especially for those that didn’t see the first one or didn’t enjoy the original.

No comments:

Post a Comment