Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Blockers


Blockers is a comedy starring Leslie Mann, Ike Barinholtz, and John Cena. They play parents who discover their daughters have made a pact to have sex on prom night and take it upon themselves to try to stop them. 

I thought that this trio did a great job playing off of one another with no one outshining the other. I enjoyed Ike Barinholz, party dad, John Cena’s over protective tough dad with the soft side, and Leslie Mann’s uptight mom who is still trying to be best friends with the daughter role. Even through Leslie has been typecast in this role, having done it multiple times now, I still really enjoyed her in it.

The movie had a unique concept. I laughed throughout the entire thing and toward the end really enjoyed the heartfelt moments.

All of my favorite qualities in a comedy were in this movie. For someone looking for an adult comedy that is lighthearted, fun and a bit raunchy, this is the one for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment