Friday, September 21, 2018

Chicago


Chicago is a 1920s themed comedy, crime drama, musical that stars Catherine Zeta-Jones and Renée Zellweger who enlist the talents of a shady lawyer, played by Richard Gere, to get them off for their respective murders.

Even though this movie came out 16 years ago, I thought that it was still very entertaining. The cinematography was well done and the score was catchy and fun. Additionally, the script was engaging and the choreography was very appropriate for the time.

One of my favorite things about this movie was that it was led by two very strong leading ladies. The acting, dancing and singing from both Catherine Zeta-Jones and Renée Zellweger were fantastic. I also enjoyed Queen Latifa’s role in this film. The underlying message about girls coming together was also a great theme.

There were only a couple of things that I didn't agree with. For one, the movie was categorized as a comedy but I didn't find anything really funny about it. There were a couple of cheeky parts but not enough to really warrant a comedic categorization. Also, the main distraction in this whole movie was the singing from the males. Those couple of scenes should have been drastically shorted.

Overall though, I thought that this movie was timeless. If you haven’t seen it I’d definitely say that this is one to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment