Saturday, October 5, 2019

Tall Girl


Tall Girl is another Netflix produced, coming of age, teen romantic comedy/drama. This story follows high school junior, Jodi. She is bullied for being the tallest girl in her school, which has always made her feel insecure. But when a tall, handsome, foreign exchange student arrives, Jodi starts to look within to find the confidence to unapologetically be herself.

I thought that the plot was cute and easy to follow. It kind of reminded me of John Hughes' 1980s classic Pretty in Pink. To be honest, the mold for this movie is almost exact to so many of its predecessors so there isn't much that's unique in this story.

In regard to the cast, a lot of the actors were unknown to me but I liked the diversity of the group and their dynamics with one another. Some of the characters were clearly typecast, and they could have done a better job with character development, but for the most part, the cast did well with the script that they had.

There were plenty of parts that were predictable and others that didn’t make sense but I thought overall it was realistic and made some strides at being quite heartfelt. Though not a movie that I would watch again, it was fine for a one time watch. I'd recommend it for anyone who is a fan of this genera.

No comments:

Post a Comment