Thursday, October 31, 2019

The Hustle


The Hustle is a comedy about two con-women who team up to take down wealthy men. It stars Anne Hathaway as the more established, polished, stiff, high-class thief and Rebel Wilson, the yin to her yang, a more relaxed, fun though sloppier, lower-level version.

I thought that the plot was incredibly predicable. There were some clever parts and they did a good job of bringing the movie full circle but that is about all they got right. For a movie that is supposed to be a comedy I thought that the jokes were all softballs and I didn't laugh out loud once.

I just saw Anne Hathaway in Ocean’s 8 and really liked her but but in this film I feel like she over acted and in the end wasn’t very likable. Rebel Wilson didn’t give me much range. She is, at this point, the same thing in everything and it is getting old and tired.

I was pretty much over this movie about 20 minutes in. This is not one worth seeing in theaters, renting or even stealing for free. This one can be skipped.

No comments:

Post a Comment