Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Downton Abbey


The Downton Abbey movie is a spinoff of the television show presumably picking up where the show left off. If follows the Crawleys and their staff as they prepare for a royal visit from the king and queen of England.

I enjoyed the sets and the costumes. I noticed I was asking a lot of questions about the characters so I think it would have been best to have watched the show first, to have a proper backstory, but you can still get though it without it.

I found the plot to be boring. There was no drama, no suspense; it was just an even keel, plateau kind of movie. I think in the end this was just a money grab. A lot of characters are brought back for a feel good, nostalgic kind of event for fans of the show. For those that have never seen the series, this one can be skipped. For fans of the show, I think they will appreciate the nostalgia but not entirely satisfied with this film.

No comments:

Post a Comment