Friday, April 7, 2017

Anthropoid


Anthropoid is the true World War II historical drama of two men within the self-exiled Czechoslovak army who were tasked to Operation Anthropoid, the mission to assassinate SS General Reinhard Heydrich, Hitler’s third in command and one of the most ruthless men of that time.

I wish I would have had a chance to catch this one in theaters. It was such an amazing and powerful story. The script did a great job of really getting you to know these characters and feel invested in their incredible struggle.

The main actors, Jamie Dornan who played Jan Kubis and Cillian Murphy who played Josef GabcĂ­k had a great on screen partnership and were able to really tap into these men and their accounts.

The final few sequences were so intense that I was sitting on the edge of my seat because of how deeply invested I became in these characters.

This is a great story about determination in the face of the most incredible adversity of the 1940s. I would definitely recommend checking this one out.

No comments:

Post a Comment