Saturday, April 1, 2017

Moonlight

Moonlight won the Oscar for Best Supporting Actor and Best Picture. It’s a story from childhood to adolescence to adulthood of a young Black man, who grows up in a tough neighborhood, while struggling with understanding his sexuality. His life is shaped by those who bully him and those who support him. This movie tries to bring awareness to some the struggles that are felt in the Black LGBT community.

This drama is cut in a gritty type of way and there is a cloud of sadness that engulfs it. I thought that the acting overall was really great, but with that being said, this movie isn’t going to be for everyone. Of all the movies that were nominated for Best Picture this year, I understand socially why this picture won, however I felt like there were some other great movies that could have won instead. For this one, I'd say it's worth checking out once but I don't think I'd watch it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment