Friday, April 21, 2017

Jackie

Jackie is the historical account, through Jackie Kennedy’s perspective, of her life before and shortly after the assassination of her husband, JFK.

There were a lot of things that I didn’t know about Jackie Kennedy that I found very interesting after seeing this movie. She had a deep interest in history and had the foresight to make the necessary steps and sacrifices, after JFK's assassination, to forever solidify both of their names in the history books.

What I really appreciated about this movie was its authenticity and accuracy. I felt like the portrayal of Jackie Kennedy by Natalie Portman was spot on. I’m not a huge fan of Natalie Portman but I felt like she did a really great job on embodying Jackie through her speech and nature. Jackie was a complicated person and wasn’t the most pleasant but I respected the fact that it was a real portrayal and not dressed up differently for Hollywood purposes.


I think that overall this movie was a little slow and dry. This wasn’t one I wanted to see in theaters and was glad I saw it at home instead. Where it may have lacked slightly in entertainment value it made up for in the compelling acting of the historical context. For that reason I’d say, if you don’t know much about the aftermath of the assassination of JFK, it’s definitely something that should be seen so I would recommend checking it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment