Sunday, November 12, 2017

Snatched


Snatched is the story of Emily, played by Amy Schumer, who gets dumped by her boyfriend right before their romantic vacation to South America. She convinces her restrained mother, Linda, played by Goldie Hawn, to go with her instead. After some poor decisions made by Emily, she convinces her mother that they should hang out with a man that she met the night before. The day trip quickly turns into a kidnapping and Emily and Linda have to set aside their differences to work together to escape their kidnapers and get back home.

Overall, the movie was okay. I liked the dynamic that Amy Schumer and Goldie Hawn had and the script did have bits and pieces of comedy. I also liked that it wasn’t a very long movie and that it wrapped up quickly.

Where the movie lost me was that plot was unrealistic and at times some of the parts that were supposed to be funny came of as too raunchy, even for me. Also characters, who were supposed to be funny just translated as annoying, especially Emily’s brother, Jeffrey. All in all, I don’t think that I would want to see this movie again.

No comments:

Post a Comment