Monday, November 6, 2017

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales


Dead Men Tell No Tales is the fifth in the Pirates franchise. If you’ve seen one Pirates movie you’ve seen them all. They are just fun little nuggets that don’t require a lot of deep thought. I always enjoy Johnny Depp was drunken Jack Sparrow and they brought back Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley, which I appreciated. I also really liked the soundtrack and the new generation of young actors that joined the cast.

What was a bit disappointing was Javier Bardem’s character, Captain Salazar. Javier plays a great villain so the disappointment was not in regard to his performance, it was the CGI. The visual portrayal of his character was such a distraction. I felt like the cinematographers could have taken a different path in making him look undead without all of the slow motion camera shots and completely fake looking head. I’m also kind of disappointed that they set this movie up for another sequel. I felt like they could have easily wrapped this in the last movie so I’m really hoping the sixth one will be the last one.

Overall I’d say that this movie isn’t a must see but for those like me, who already feel invested in the franchise and just want to push through, then I say check this one out.

No comments:

Post a Comment