Monday, November 13, 2017

Thor: Ragnarok


Thor: Ragnarok is the 3rd in the Thor franchise and in my opinion the best. It had comedy, it had drama and it had action. In this story Thor is imprisoned and must fight for his life so that he can return to Asgard to save his people and his home from ruin by the villain, Hela.

I liked the themes of picking yourself up when you are down, having confidence in your own strength and what "home" means. I also really enjoyed the introduction of the strong female leads played by Cate Blanchet as Hela and Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie. I thought that both of them did an awesome job portraying the good and evil. I also thought that the rest of the cast did a great job playing off of one another. Additionally, the script was quite clever and funny and the plot was entertaining. 

For the most part the action sequences and the choreography were crisp, there were only a couple of scenes were it really did look like a green screen. I also found the Tron-like soundtrack and ending credits to be an odd choice but overall I really enjoyed this one and would definitely recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment