Friday, November 24, 2017

Justice League

Justice League is the sequel to Batman v Superman. In this story Batman is trying to put together a team of super heroes to defeat an enemy that is coming to destroy the world.

There were a lot of mixed reviews that had come out so I wasn’t really sure what I was going to get. The critics had issues with the cast chemistry and the character development. I however, thought that there was just enough character development to make you want more and that the cast chemistry was pretty good. I particularly enjoyed the new additions to the group - the stoic, serious Cyborg played by Ray Fisher, the quirky, youthful Flash played by Ezra Miller and the tough, cool Aquaman played by Jason Momoa. Ezra Miller, in my opinion, was the stand out star. I remembered him as Credence Barebone in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and he was able to portray something completely in this film. He had great comedic timing and was able to showcase a really likeable, eccentric character.

The plot was predictable and there were a couple of scenes that could have used a little more backstory and a little less CGI but overall I thought it was a great continuation of Batman v Superman. It also was a good jump off for Aquaman who will have a stand-alone movie in 2018.

For those looking for something that’s entertaining with some really great action sequences and a touch humor, I’d recommend checking this one out.

No comments:

Post a Comment