Thursday, October 4, 2018

Message From The King


Message From The King is a revenge thriller/crime drama distributed by Netflix. It stars Chadwick Bosman as Jacob King, a mysterious South African man looking for his sister in Los Angeles.

The plot and cinematography had a Man on Fire vibe to it. Even though there were parts that were predictable and other scenes that didn’t make sense, by how easily the clues were put together, it was still engaging and edgy.

The character development was pretty good and I thought that the acting from Bosman and the rest of the cast were convincing and genuine. Bosman always delivers emotionally, so I found it easy to connect to his character. The only thing I would say was a bit distracting, was the fact that he was using the same accent he had as Black Panther. I know this movie was made around the same time as Black Panther, so I can see why he would want to keep the same accent but I thought it was lazy.

Additionally, the fight sequences were not anything athletically spectacular but they were all realistic and intense.

In the end, I thought that it had a good twist and a proper wrap up. Even though this wasn’t the greatest movie ever, it wasn’t the worst. So if you are a fan of this genera I would still recommend checking this one out.

No comments:

Post a Comment