Friday, October 26, 2018

Paid In Full


Paid In Full is the story of Ace, a young man from Harlem in the 1980s. With the influx of drugs in his neighborhood he sees his friends around him making a lot of money while he is making minimum wage working an honest job at a laundromat. After an encounter with an influential dealer, he builds his own drug empire but soon realizes that lifestyle might really not be for him.

I thought that the cinematography was well done, it had an older movie vibe to it. I thought that the acting convincing and that the plot was realistic and gritty. I also think that the movie wrapped up properly.

Where I think that the movie fell off was, even though it was only an hour and a half long, it felt so much longer than that. There were parts that really dragged.

Even though this is not my favorite genera, I thought the movie was okay, but not something that I would seek out again.

No comments:

Post a Comment