Sunday, October 21, 2018

The Resistance Banker


The Resistance Banker is a World War II drama based in the Netherlands. It’s the untold true story of two brothers, who are bankers, helping to fund the underground fight against the Nazis.

I had never heard this story before so I found the plot to be very informative and thought that the Dutch men and women being portrayed in this movie were incredibly smart and courageous.

The script was in Dutch which I found more realistic than most WWII historical drams told in this region. Additionally, the locations and costumes were also appeared to be very historically accurate which helped to really propel you to this incredibly stressful and fearful time.

I thought that the acting from the entire cast was emotionally jarring and compelling. Even though most of the actors were relatively unknown to me, I was still immensely engaged in their story.

Overall I found this movie to be a very well told piece of history. Something that everyone should see and appreciate the sacrifices willingly given for so many.

No comments:

Post a Comment