Wednesday, July 1, 2020

21 Bridges


21 Bridges is an action crime drama starring Chadwick Boseman as a NYPD detective on a time sensitive task to locate a couple of cop killers who have the entire NYPD on a citywide manhunt.

I thought that the story was interesting and engaging but predictable from the beginning. It was full of high action and suspense and ended up better than I thought it was going to be with its realistic and gritty cinematography.

The casting of Sienna Miller, J.K. Simmons, Taylor Kitsch, and Keith David was unexpected but turned out to be really great. Some of these actors I hadn't see in anything in a long time, so it was nice to see them in this film. Additionally, I am a huge fan of Chadwick who I thought did well in carrying this movie by bringing a lot of range and complexity to his character, but he had a Denzel Washington esque accent which was a bit weird.

Overall 21 Bridges was good but not necessarily one that I would seek out to watch again.

No comments:

Post a Comment