Sunday, July 25, 2021

The Informer

 

The Informer is an action crime-drama based on the novel Three Seconds by Roslund & Hellström. Starring Joel Kinnaman, Rosamund Pike, Common, Ana de Armas and Clive Owen. When undercover FBI informant, Pete Koslow, played by Kinnaman, gets caught up in a murder, he is forced to go back to prison, by the FBI, to finish the job he started on the outside, infiltrate the mob he was working for.

When I saw the preview I wasn’t super excited about this movie, but because of all the star power I choose to still give it a chance. The plot was fun and at times unpredictable but lacked originality in the foundation. The type of cop drama it turned out to be is one that I’ve seen so many times before.

I thought that Rosamund Pike and Clive Owen did well as the FBI agents with ulterior motives. Common brought something different, from roles that I’ve seen of his, in the past, as a NYPD agent looking to avenge a murder. Joel Kinnaman also brought range as the family man willing to do anything to get back to his wife and child. I thought that he and Ana de Armas had great chemistry but there wasn’t enough character development and some of the hair choices for de Armas’ character, Sofia, were questionable.

Overall this movie was just okay. Not a complete waste of time but definitely not one that I would watch again.

No comments:

Post a Comment