Sunday, July 18, 2021

The Woman in the Window

 

The Woman in the Window is a thriller about child psychologist, Dr. Anna Fox, who after surviving a horrific accident, suffers with agoraphobia aka a fear of going outside. Her time is now spent in therapy sessions and people watching. When she witnesses a violent crime, she must convince everyone that she isn't hallucinating.


Amy Adams did well in the lead role. She kept my attention throughout and has definitely mastered the mentally ill role. Her character actually reminded me a lot of her role from the miniseries Sharp Objects. I also thought that Julianne Moore and Anthony Mackie were surprise additions and but both did well in their small yet impactful parts. Overall I thought that the character development was pretty good.

My only issue was that, at the end, I felt like I've seen this movie before. Even though it had a good twist, the “is she or isn't she crazy” theme gave me Shutter Island / The Girl on the Train vibes. Therefore, due to the lack of originality I would say that this movie would not have been worth seeing in theaters but it was okay to watch from home.

No comments:

Post a Comment