Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Outside The Wire

 

Outside the Wire is a Netflix released sci-fi action film starring and produced by Anthony Mackie as Leo, an android military Captain, who chooses drone pilot, Lt. Thomas Harp, played by Damson Idris, to help him stop a nuclear war.

The plot was set in 2036 during a civil war of pro-Russian insurgents versus Ukraine local resistances where the US is attempting to keep the peace. I thought that this story line was played out and minus a couple of interesting technical advances, not much really told me that this was based 15 years in the future. I liked the themes around second chances but the script was not well written and didn’t always make sense so it was hard to stay invested in it.

Some of the action sequences and stunts involving Mackie’s character Leo were pretty cool and intricate. Mackie's acting was the same as always. He didn't give me a lot of range but I didn't mind. I liked the diversity of the casting but the character development was weak all around. It was minimal for the protagonists and it was almost nonexistent for the supporting characters. 

Unfortunately this is the risk I’ve found with watching Netflix movies; even with a star studded cast, like this one, and a semi interesting plot, you can still get a dud. Skip this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment