Saturday, August 21, 2021

Free Guy

 

Free Guy is a story about a non-player character (NPC) who begins to evolve and see his life for more than just the game he's been programed into.

The evolution of AI is not an unknown concept, as it has been used in past movies, however this plot was still able to give me a unique and interesting take on the subject. The script had great themes around bravery, breaking free of the status quo, and opening your mind to new possibilities. Unfortunately the jokes were weak; I only laughed a couple of times.

I liked the interesting choice of casting, many of the people I didn't recognize, but I appreciated the diversity and thought everyone played well off of one another. The character development could have used some work. I didn't have a strong investment in any of leads.

Even though Free Guy was predictable I did enjoy the lighthearted nature of the movie. However, this is not worth spending money on in theaters. I’d recommend waiting for it to drop on a streaming service.

No comments:

Post a Comment