Sunday, August 8, 2021

Midnight in the Switchgrass

 

Midnight in the Switchgrass is loosely based on the true story of “The Truck Stop Killer.” It follows a FBI agent and a Florida Department of Law Enforcement agent as they investigate a string of unsolved murder cases of young women.

I thought that the plot was interesting and with such a stellar cast I assumed that this was going to be a really great movie. Unfortunately, the acting was terrible from everyone except Emile Hirsch. He was the only one that kept me somewhat engaged. I was really disappointed in Bruce Willis. It was like he just phoned this one in; giving no effort what so ever. I haven’t seen Megan Fox in anything in a while but she definitely seems like she’s the same in everything. This was particularly bad for her though and I'm not sure if it was just the script or if it was her delivery as well. There was also a lack in chemistry for the entire cast.

The writing overall was terrible, the dialogue was amateur at best and when getting deeper into the story there were a lot of parts that didn't make any sense.

I also wasn’t a huge fan of the cinematography. The editing in general was bad but the over excessive use of the metaphorical switchgrass edits, in the camerawork, was the absolute worst.

The Machine Gun Kelly and Megan Fox romance that was sparked after the making of this movie is what the media pushed to encourage people to see this film. And honestly it was part of the reason why I wanted to see it but after seeing it I now get why they focused more on the outside noise vs the actual product. This movie was one of the worst I’ve seen all year and was a complete waste of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment