Saturday, July 14, 2018

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle


Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle is a spin-off of the 1995 classic Jumanji. I initially didn’t want to see this movie when it came out because I didn’t want it to ruin my childhood love of the original. 

Lately I haven’t really been a fan of The Rock nor Kevin Hart. I find them both to be too much on screen but I thought that the balance of the rest of the cast helped to tone both of them down quite a bit. It was strange seeing grown adults speak like high school students, and a good chunck of the script was corny, but every once in a while a bit dialog would prove to be funny, especially that from Jack Black.

Although the movie lacked originality, a realistic plot-line and was incredibly predictable, I thought that the movie wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be. If you go in with low expectations, as I did, you will come out of the movie thinking it was entertaining enough but probably not one that you would want to seek out a second time.

2 comments: