Saturday, July 21, 2018

The Equalizer 2


The Equalizer 2 is the sequel to the 2014 hit starring Denzel Washington. It’s the story of Robert McCall, retired CIA agent, who in his off time, takes it upon himself to anonymously avenge the weak. When he finds out that his friend and fellow CIA agent has been murdered, his new mission is clear, solve her murder and kill those responsible.

The theme was the same as the original but the plot was different. I liked that the story was an engaging thriller full of action and suspense. Additionally, the fight choreography was done well. For an older guy, Denzel was still pretty believable. I also enjoyed the acting of the rest of the cast especially that from Game of Thrones star, Pedro Pascal and Moonlight start, Ashton Sanders. It was nice to see both of them in roles different from what they were known for. In the end thought that it wrapped up nicely.

The only thing that I think could have used some extra work was making the story less predictable. I’m not one to guess the ending of a movie but this one was way too easy to figure out. Even though I was able to anticipate a majority of the plot, I still enjoyed it. Therefore, I would still recommend checking this one out.

No comments:

Post a Comment