Sunday, February 17, 2019

Ant-Man and The Wasp


Ant-Man and The Wasp is the sequel to 2015's Ant-Man. Picking up after Captain American Civil War, it follows Scott Lang, Ant-Man, as he has to deal with the consequences of working with Captain America and how it will impact a decision he has to make on if he will participate in an urgent mission.

I thought that the plot was simple and easy to follow. The script was well written and at times quite funny. I liked getting the backstories on some of the other characters that weren't brought up in the original movie. All of the cast was put together well. I thought that the villain had an interesting story-line and was more of an antagonist, which was a nice twist. Additionally, I really enjoyed Michelle Pfeiffer’s contribution to the team. She hasn't been in something like this since 1989's Batman so I really liked her role.

The fight scenes and action sequences were entertaining. The ending was pretty predicable but the director gave the desired outcome. In the end, I don’t think that this movie was a good as the original but I did still think it was a well-made Marvel movie. If you are looking for something lighthearted and fun, this could be the one for you. Just make sure to watch the original Ant-Man and Captain American Civil War first.

No comments:

Post a Comment