Sunday, February 17, 2019

Widows


Widows is a crime drama about four women who have to make life changing decisions after their husbands are murdered during a robbery gone bad. 

The movie stars Viola Davis as one of the widows. I thought that this was a role unlike anything else she has done before. The background and the character development primarily focused on her which was thought out pretty well. I would have liked it if they had expanded on the other characters, especially that of her husband, played by Liam Neeson, and the other widows.

I liked the amount of diversity within the cast. I also found it pretty interesting that there were so many Hollywood stars in this film. I don't recall this movie getting a lot of press so to see people like Robert Duvall, Colin Farrell and Black Panthers, Daniel Kaluuya, in this movie was pretty surprising. They were all in unexpected roles but they portrayed their parts well.

Additionally, I appreciated how this story just jumps right into it. There wasn’t a lot of buildup needed as it was clear what the story was about. The writers were able to give the viewer a unique plot twist on the typical bank robbery story. There were some surprises within the movie that were pretty good and even though the ending was a little predictable, I still enjoyed it.

Overall I thought that the movie was an interesting Set It Off kind of movie, full of suspense and drama. If you are into this type of genera then I would recommend checking this one out.

No comments:

Post a Comment