Monday, April 22, 2019

Instant Family


Instant Family is a comedic drama starring Mark Wahlberg and Rose Byrne. They play a married couple, Pete and Ellie, who decide they want to start a family as foster parents. They go in looking for one child but their plans are drastically changed when they discover that they child they want to adopt has two siblings. 

I found the plot to be really entertaining and endearing. I thought that the script was funny and at times really pulled at the heartstrings.

The acting was really great from the entire cast and the character development was also well done. I’m not a huge fan of Wahlberg but I did like his character in this movie. He was really relatable and funny. To me who stole the show though was Byrne. She portrayed a kind, engaging yet awkward and hilarious character.

There were parts that were trying to push the button a bit too much and weren’t really hitting on the funny scale for me but overall I really liked this movie. If you are looking for a comedy full of heart and occasional tear-jerking moments, this is the one for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment