Saturday, April 20, 2019

Mile 22


Mile 22 is a high action, spy drama produced by and starring Mark Whalberg. He plays, James Silva, a leader of a top-secret military unit. He and his team are tasked with smuggling an Indonesian double agent, police officer, who has information pertaining to the destruction of American, out of his country. 

The plot for this movie was interesting unfortunately there were a lot of holes in it. It was not very realistic, especially during some of the action sequences where huge waves of bad guys are shooting at the good guys and they miss but the good guys kill them on the first try. My husband compared them to Puttys in a Power Rangers TV show and I found that to be very accurate.

Also, there was too much dialogue, and at times the conversations were too fast paced. It was as if the writer thought talking fast and in some kind of poetic fashion would make the characters sound smarter but not everyone is a poet and not one of these characters came though me to as particularly intelligent.

Additionally, there was zero character development and a lot of questions left unanswered. Like many of its similar genera predecessors, they have already prepped this movie for a sequel, but I have no interest in seeing it.

There wasn’t much to this movie at all. To me it was just a glorified fight sequence. The combat choreography and stunts were amazing, especially from Iko Uwais who played Li Noor. I thought that he was the most interesting thing about this movie. I found his acting to also be very good. I would really like to see him in some movies with better production. He unfortunately couldn’t save this movie. Therefore, I would recommend skipping this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment