Wednesday, May 15, 2019

The Perfect Date

The Perfect Date is another Netflix produced romantic comedy based on the book, The Stand-In. It stars, the Netflix rom-com king of the moment, Noah Centineo. Noah plays Brooks Rattigan, a high school student who wants to go to Yale. To save up for college, he and his friend create an app where anyone can pay him to play their idea of the perfect boyfriend/date for any occasion.

I thought that the plot was fun and engaging but predicable. The majority of the cast were new to me and I was pleasantly surprised by how well they all acted off one other. Though some played pretty stereotypical roles, I found the acting from the cast was pretty good. I also thought that the character development within the main cast was done well and the script was full of humor and smart sarcasm, which I enjoyed. I liked the themes of friendship, self-reflection and authenticity. I would have liked to see more diversity within the cast and a little more character development from the minor characters.

Overall, this was another cute, light-hearted chick flick. It was easy to follow, not something worth seeing in theaters, but it’s not bad for a random Monday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment