Sunday, June 9, 2019

Always Be My Maybe


Always Be My Maybe is a Netflix produced romantic comedy starring, comedian, Ali Wong as Sasha Tran and Fresh Off the Boat star, Randall Park as Marcus Kim. Ali and Marcus have been best friends since childhood. 16 years after an awkward moment with Marcus, Ali moves back to San Francisco, to open one of her famous restaurants. After an unexpected visit, she re-connects with Marcus for a life changing experience. 

The plot was fun and easy to follow. The script was smart and hilarious. I liked that the cast was diverse and everyone interacted well with one another. I have never seen Ali’s stand up nor Randall’s show, but after enjoying them so much on screen, I now want to go back and watch some of their other material. The only misstep was that there were a couple of scenes with Keanu Reeves that were a bit over the top and uncomfortable to watch.

In the end, the movie was a fun and heartwarming. It was another great Netflix rom-com that brings it all the way until the final scene. Though predictable, I still enjoyed the movie and would definitely recommend it as a fun date night film.

No comments:

Post a Comment