Thursday, June 13, 2019

Barry


Barry is a Netflix film about former president, Barack Obama. It is a snapshot of his life during his time in New York at Columbia University. 

The movie did a great job of showing the way his experiences shaped who he is as a person. I thought that the actor who portrayed, Barack, Devon Terrell, who was unknown to me, did a good job re-enacting the former president’s cadence. He was able to show him as a young, slightly naive, well-meaning person trying to figure out who he is and what he is meant to do in the world. I was also pleasantly surprised to see Ashley Judd in this movie. She played Barry’s mom and I thought that she also did a nice job in her role.

It is a bit slow moving but I found it to be interesting never the less. I’m sure that there was some creative liberties taken for entertainment purposes but for the most part, I thought the movie seemed believable.


If you are looking for a relatively honest bio-pic about President Obama, this could be the one for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment